Project Type: Formal Schools
Primary Focus: Education
Secondary Focus: Children and the Physically challenged individuals
Supporting Chapter Contact: Canada
Project Steward: Vijay Sappani
Project Partner(s): Vijay Sappani
Other Contacts: Vishal Darji
Project Address: : , chennai,-,chennai,
TAMIL NADU 600005
Stewarding Chapter: Canada
Nethrodaya has been supporting the visually and physically challenged individuals and their education since 2002. As years pass, their community is growing and although, they still receive funds from private sectors and individuals, the funds no longer sustain for their daily needs, medical expenses, water bills, salary for teachers and some administrative expenses. This difficulty is what we aim to address. As of date, we have already donated $25,000 CAD and is looking to add $25,000 more in the coming months. We are also looking for more donors and promoting them on social media sites for more volunteers and donors to step in.
• To provide better future for the visually and physically challenged individuals.
• To give them hope for the future and keep them motivated and positive in all aspects of life.
• To inspire people and other underprivileged individuals.
• To pack them with knowledge and skills that they could use in their day to day life.
Because of this project, we look for improvements in these aspects,
• Well-maintained facilities for the students.
• Better access to educational materials such as books, computers, musical instruments etc.,
• Trained teachers that will cater for their needs.
Nethrodaya provides free higher secondary residential school and also runs free B.Ed College for the disabled. Nethrodaya is recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu and approved by Government of India (RCI).